Summer Research: Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory‘s Watson School of Biological Sciences in Cold Spring Harbor, New York, has a summer research program in the areas of cancer biology, neurobiology, plant biology, cell biology, genetics, molecular and structural biology, and computational biology. Applications are due 15 January.
- The Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health in Albany, NY, has a summer research program for rising juniors and seniors majoring in biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics or computer sciences. Stipend is $4500 for the program which runs from1 June until 7 August 2009. Travel, housing and food allowances are included. Deadline is 1 February 2009.
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute has a summer research program. Research projects cover the areas of molecular-cellular biology, genetics, immunology, pharmacology and bioinformatics. Dormitory housing is available. In addition to research, students have the opportunity to attend classes and seminars. Social activities and field trips are scheduled for weekends. Deadline is 1 February 2011.
- The Gerstner Sloan-Kettering Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences has a summer undergraduate research program in the following areas: developmental biology and genetics, immunology, cancer, drug development, structural biology and computational biology. Stipend is $3000 and housing is included. Applications due 1 February.
- The University of Cincinnati has a SURF program in the biomedical sciences, including areas of cell and molecular biology, developmental biology, and pathobiology. The application will be ready Nov. 1. Deadline is 15 Feb.
- The University of Oregon has summer research fellowships in the areas of evolution, development, genomics, structural and molecular biology, genetics, cell biology, neuroscience, ecology, marine biology, and biochemistry.